A Book About All Kinds of Houses
- You Can't Buy a Dinosaur with a Dime
- You Can't See Your Bones With Binoculars
- You Can't Use Your Brain If You're a Jellyfish
- You Can't Build a House If You're a Hippo
- You Can't Lay An Egg If You're An Elephant
- You Can't Ride a Bicycle to the Moon
- You Can't Take Your Body to a Car Mechanic
- You Can't Taste a Pickle With Your Ear
This entry in the series explores the science, geography, and physiology that determines how, where, and in what various creatures live. It begins with animals whose body creates their home (shell-dwellers, spiders), then features those who use nests, burrows/dens/holes. Next come homes that humans build and live in. Humorous verse is paired with kid-centered explanations and explorations of building basics, different types of homes (igloos, apartments, cabins, suburban-style, etc.), and homes of the future. Each section is topped off with a page of simple activities and kickstarting questions that expand the child's understanding of that particular section's, and the overall, subject matter.
Read this book on Epic!