A Book About How Animals Are Born
- You Can't Buy a Dinosaur with a Dime
- You Can't See Your Bones With Binoculars
- You Can't Use Your Brain If You're a Jellyfish
- You Can't Build a House If You're a Hippo
- You Can't Lay An Egg If You're An Elephant
- You Can't Ride a Bicycle to the Moon
- You Can't Take Your Body to a Car Mechanic
- You Can't Taste a Pickle With Your Ear
You can't lay an egg if you're an elephant! So how are baby elephants born? What about baby penguins or baby chickens? Do they come from eggs? What about humans?
This informative text examines the difference between animals that lay eggs and animals that give birth to live babies. Each chapter describes how different kinds of animals are born and is accompanied by humorous poems and whimsical artwork that make learning biology fun for young readers.